Certified athletic trainers are licensed healthcare professionals by the state of Georgia who specialize in the evaluation, treatment and prevention of sports injuries. A certified/licensed athletic trainer can also evaluate and treat most orthopedic injuries.
SCPT Athletic Training Services
- Our Clinical Director, Jeff Lewandowski, DPT, ATC, MTC, SCS, is a Certified Athletic Trainer and Board Certified Sports Clinical Specialist. Our therapist, Julie Brooks, DPT, MTC, CSCS is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. Additionally, Zach Spencer, ATC is a Certified Athletic Trainer employed by our facility.
- SCPT is a state-of-the-art, fully equipped orthopedic and sports medicine rehabilitation facility, which features the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill, Biodex isokinetic testing and training, inertial exercise, specialized isotonic rehabilitation machines, mechanical traction and a full array of physical modalities.
- Click here to watch the Director of Sports Medicine and Head Football Athletic Trainer at the University of Alabama discuss the benefits of the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill for their athletes – helps athletes build confidence, injured athletes can maintain cardiovascular fitness and stay in shape in a safe environment, allows them to walk with normal gait patterns and prevents athletes from developing bad habits during rehab.
Community Sports Medicine Programs
- SportsCare Physical Therapy has an active community out-reach sports medicine program. We provide athletic training for Lambert High School.
- Our athletic trainers are present for the home games of the sports that are considered “contact sports” (football, basketball, wrestling, soccer and lacrosse). We also cover away varsity football games. Home games of other sports are covered based on our availability. We help to provide sports physicals, once per year, at these schools.
- We provide sports medicine coverage for local club teams, little league associations and tournaments.